Thursday, May 22, 2014

Weighing In

 

The actual act of weighing myself is not one fraught with anxiety for me.  I don't care about the number on the scale, I care about how I feel, how I look.  While I may not like how I look or feel sometimes, I don't think a mere number will change that.

That is until that number is positive, or should I say negative?

That's right, I lost weight my first week.  I know some of it is because it's the first week. Some of it is because when you have more to lose, well, there is more to lose.  Partly it is a change in weather, I didn't have on a sweatshirt and long pants today.  Another part of the weight loss is that I didn't have breakfast before I went this week. I wanted to eat but got distracted because my children were ASLEEP before my weekly meeting and I had time to myself.  Can you blame me for not wasting that precious time with eating? No, I didn't think so.  Still because of or in spite of all that, I lost 7 lbs.

And it feels good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment